Wednesday, July 8, 2009

It's been a long time

OK, it's been over a year since I started this blog, and about the same amount of time since I've posted. I didn't realize going back to school would take up quite so much of my time. Yes, I am taking classes online, but it isn't easy. Most (about 99%) of what you learn online, you teach yourself.
I've have always been the type that doesn't like to rely on others, especially when it comes to learning. Give me a book, and I'll figure it out. I'm a business major, how hard can it be?
Let me be the first to admit, sometimes I need help. When you've been out of school for 25 -30 years and then have to take college Algebra, Economics, or Cost Management, things don't always come back easily. Online classes don't afford you the luxury of having a professor that you can go to for help, or classmates that you can get together with and help each other. Online classes are quite different. You are on your own.
As I said, I am a business major. I can't imagine what someone in a course like Diagnostic Medical Sonography, or a nurse studying for their BSN have to face. I don't know how they do it.
If you are considering taking online classes, make sure you are ready for it and are suited for it. Make sure you have some type of support network to fall back on. Online education is not for everyone.
Good Luck!!

No comments: